Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: DoD aproved disk wiping tool

From: "Timmothy Lester" <Timmothy.Lester () primeadvisors com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:34:41 -0700

I believe killdisk's free version only supports 1-pass, you have to pay
for DoD wipes

I forgot to mention a good utility called Eraser, which now includes
DBAN.  Eraser can be installed over the network and scheduled to erase
unused disk-space, or files.  It can use several different wiping
methods, including DoDs.  It's a must have...