Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Port Security on switches?

From: Predrag Petrović <pedjap () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 02:03:19 +0100

Hello,

The best way is to implement Port-Based security. If the switches support
802.1x authentication then this is the best method for securing your network
(this helps on wired and wireless LANs). I am using it in both scenarios and
I have no problems at all. I am isolating users to a quarantine VLAN and
filtering their access to our network.

If you need additional information please ask.

Predrag