Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Spam Solution

From: Abe Getchell <me () abegetchell com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:46:08 -0400

We ran 3.5million pieces of e-mail a day through a bank of
Postfix/SpamAssassin systems running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0. It
worked quite well, after much optimization, while it was in production.
We ended up moving away from running this service in-house and moved to
a hosted solution with one of our business partners. We found, after
about two years of providing this service to our customers, that
performing spam management at an enterprise level is a technical and
political nightmare (YMMV depending on the structure of your
organization). The hosted solution we moved to gave our customers more
flexibility over the configuration for their sites than we were able to
offer with our in-house solution. I would strongly recommend evaluating
hosted solutions along with any products you may be considering.

-
Abe Getchell
me () abegetchell com
http://abegetchell.com/