Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: How does a customer get PCI audited?

From: Craig Wright <Craig.Wright () bdo com au>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 05:23:01 +1000

"What are the chances of them getting audited?"
PCI Top level = 100%
A break-in occurs = 99.5%

A better question is how do I pass an audit and better yet, how do I secure my systems.

PCI-DSS is just the tip of the iceberg for potential issues. In fact it is the low risk consideration. Think class
action. PCI-DSS compliance is at least a small defence. That is being ACTUALLY compliant and not just doing enough to
fool the QSA.

Regards,
CSW GSE LLM

Craig Wright
Manager, Risk Advisory Services

Direct : +61 2 9286 5497
Craig.Wright () bdo com au
+61 417 683 914

BDO Kendalls (NSW-VIC) Pty. Ltd.
Level 19, 2 Market Street Sydney NSW 2000
GPO BOX 2551 Sydney NSW 2001
Fax +61 2 9993 9497
http://www.bdo.com.au/

The information in this email and any attachments is confidential. If you are not the named addressee you must not
read, print, copy, distribute, or use in any way this transmission or any information it contains. If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender by return email, destroy all copies and delete it from your system.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and not necessarily endorsed by BDO Kendalls.
You may not rely on this message as advice unless subsequently confirmed by fax or letter signed by a Partner or
Director of BDO Kendalls. It is your responsibility to scan this communication and any files attached for computer
viruses and other defects. BDO Kendalls does not accept liability for any loss or damage however caused which may
result from this communication or any files attached. A full version of the BDO Kendalls disclaimer, and our Privacy
statement, can be found on the BDO Kendalls website at http://www.bdo.com.au/ or by emailing mailto:administrator ()
bdo com au.

BDO Kendalls is a national association of separate partnerships and entities. Liability limited by a scheme approved
under Professional Standards Legislation.