Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Forcing a vpn connection anytime internet connectivity is detected outside a corporate lan

From: "Ross Goodall" <RGoodall () smith-nixon com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:06:42 -0400

We use Surf Control (recently bought out by WebSense) for Internet
filtering.  There is an optional mobile component which we have
installed on all of our laptops which kicks in when the mobile users are
not connected to the local network.  It's a local install which also
needs a server on the back-end to provide the filtering.  Any HTTP
request from one of our laptops in the field therefore goes through our
mobile internet filter.  When the user is back in the office, the mobile
component 'sleeps' and the normal proxy filtering kicks in.

http://www.websense.com/global/en/ProductsServices/modules/remotefilteri
ng.php

Ross Goodall
Smith Nixon LLP

T: 416.361.1622 ext: 313 | F: 416.367.1238 | 1900 - 390 Bay Street |
Toronto, Ontario M5H 2Y2 | www.smith-nixon.com

material from your computer.