Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Deny access to copy files

From: "Andrew Becherer" <andrew () becherer org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:46:16 -0500

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Ahmed Khalid <warevulf () gmail com> wrote:
I am working for a software house, they are developing a software product
and their requirement is to restrict programmers to take the code out of
office premises

denies access to copy files to external storage devices

They also don't need programmers to take the code with them in their email.
I can restrict SMTP and POP ports but when it comes to web based emails I am
clueless,  How can I restrict web based emails like hotmail, gmail, yahoo

May I suggest encasing your programmers in concrete and dumping them
into the Marianas Trench without network access?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marianas_Trench

--
Andrew