Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Log reader

From: "Ayaz Ahmed Khan" <ayaz () pakcon org>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 19:46:44 +0500

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 2:01 PM,  <amatachick () gmail com> wrote:
Our firewall puts out these massive text files which I have to peruse on a daily basis. I was hoping if someone might
know of a good, free tool which can help filter a large log file like this. Your input is appreciated.

Thanks,

A search for "logparser" would give you a head-start.  On windows, I,
however, prefer Log Parser from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=890cd06b-abf8-4c25-91b2-f8d975cf8c07&displaylang=en

--
Ayaz Ahmed Khan

"I'm returning this note to you, instead of your paper, because it
(your paper) presently occupies the bottom of my bird cage."
 -- English Professor, Providence College