Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Application Firewall

From: "ॐ aditya mukadam ॐ" <aditya.mukadam () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:45:17 +0530

Definition of firewall would change depending on the which Layer of
TCP/IP you are at . I agree BlueCoat is an application proxy as its
name suggests 'BlueCoat Proxy ! You can do quite lot of things with it
and also configure rules based on the source IPs,Destination IPs,
Services etc. You can even integrate this with Websense. It is quite a
powerful device.( Disclaimer: These are my personal views based on my
experience and I donot intend to market this product through this
mailing-list :-) )

Thanks,
Aditya Govind Mukadam

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Bryan S. Sampsel