Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Email security - gateway

From: "Kevin Ortloff" <Kevin.Ortloff () j2global com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 08:11:00 -0800

check out ElectricMail. Put all the administration in someone else's
hands. Spam, junk mail, virus', etc are always changing and it's very
tiring. I've been with ElectricMail for 2 years now and all my users
love it. You can filter out almost everything and then get sent a
"quarantined email summary" for all the junk mail as many times of the
day as you program it to send to your users, Then the user can either
allow the mail to come through and white/black list a domain or the
individual who sent the mail on their own personal lists. For admin use,
you can assign a global white/black list to prevent user mistakes for
wanted/unwanted mail. It's truly a great system. And to top it off,
since mail will relay through them, you can add nice ACL's on your
firewall to assure mail relaying isn't occurring in your environment.

You really should look it up. It's the best 'hands-free' product I've
ever come across because I have better things to do than figure out why
relaying, spoofing, and unwanted mail is being delivered.

http://www.electricmail.com/Perimeterprotect/Packages/index.php