Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows SCP using key files

From: "Paul J. Brickett" <swarzkopf () legolas sinnerz us>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:05:50 -0500 (EST)

After establishing the RSA keys once, you should be fine from that point forward, correct? Try using a GUI based client like WinSCP to perform one sucessful SCP transfer. The app should take care of key exchange for you. I'm thinking that you should then be able to use your automated script with the keys already exchanged.