Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: AW: nix based ftp server suggestions

From: "Murda Mcloud" <murdamcloud () bigpond com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:05:51 +1000

Vsftpd seems to be working nicely under my tests so far, as a bonus I have
enabled ssl on the connections so now I can only connect via ssl.

As this will only be used by our users and maybe 30-40 clients/providers,
would there be much point getting a cert from an external CA? I guess it's a
trust thing. (Excuse the pun).
The point that Grant made about distributing clients also seems to be a
sticking point. I'm using FileZilla for testing and it is pretty easy but
the for anyone in luserland this might be a bit much to configure. Will have
to see about exporting sites/connections/settings to externals.