Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: FDE solution for laptops

From: "Ankur Jindal" <divinepresence () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:37:12 +0530

Hey
You might wish to consider safeboot as well.

Thanks
Ankur

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 8:17 PM, ыфзкфт <sapran () gmail com> wrote:
Hi list!

 I am in search of a solution for full disk encryption. The main goal
 is to protect data stored at travelling managers' laptops from loss
 and/or theft of device.

 I had tried the shiny new TrueCrypt 5 with system drive/partition
 encryption, but it made an OEM XP boot into safe mode only, so I guess
 that's not a right choice.

 I will appreciate any help on topic.

 Here come some details:
 1) We use mostly Dells: Inprisons, Inspirons and Vostros.
 2) The encryption must be easily recoverable using rescue CD/DVD or smth.

 --
 sapran