Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: recommendations for centrally managed corporate antivirus solution

From: Albert Gonzalez <albertg () cerveau us>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 20:48:30 -0600

We currently use McAfee and their ePo server. We manage roughly 12000~ clients. The reporting makes the higher ups
happy and is generally fast and smooth with custom granular control. Unfortunately it does not allow updates via the
internet, only via our corp mgmt server(s). We just rolled out their HIPS solution, and all it took was a flick of the
switch and as clients check in (often right? :)) the agent was deployed. I am happy with the implementation, although
this and symantec are the only ones I have seen (corp deployments) I have not had the chance to do any bakeoffs as
these are existing infrastructures.

Opinions and experiences help, but every environment is different and highly depends on what you want to report on. It
all boils down to reporting and that "warm fuzzy" feeling.

Thanks,
- Albert

-- Sent from my HTC8600.
Success comes to the person who does today, what you're thinking of doing tomorrow.