Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security and the Under 30 User

From: lone_gunman_tete () yahoo com
Date: 7 Feb 2008 23:24:56 -0000

Well I would say theres no replacement for safe practices. Many people regardless of age don't realise the default C$
share or that wireless even with a key is broadcasting that key everywhere. Younger people have had less experiance,
they didn't live through ping-pong virus. Anti-Virus uses alot of CPU cycles for not alot of benifit if you use safe
browsing and clean up your cookies etc. However its still may save you when a virus compromises msn messanger. I don't
think age really matters though other than the more times you get bitten the better you will protect yourself. Heck as
a teen I never made backups now I back up to several places if its important.