Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: SSL Certificates

From: "Ale x" <gbanger () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 18:02:09 +1100

You can just export the Certificate to a .pfx file and import to another server.
What they told you is correct in terms of generating the CSR on a
particular server, then you can only complete the certificate
generation on that server with that same Certification Request. This
does not mean that the certificate only works on this server. There is
specific information about that server in the CSR but once the
Certificate has been generated that is not relevant - it is only used
for the creation process.

I had to create a certificate for our Citrix Access Gateway the other
day.. I created the CSR in IIS on a test vmware server, generated the
certificate with Verisign, exported it and imported to the CAG and got
rid of the vm server.

Cheers