Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: About Web hosting control panel : Windows vs Linux

From: "Vin Oxious" <vinoxious () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:30:32 +0530

Hello Truong,

                          We used Cpanel for Linux  and Plesk for
Windows 2003 as Control Panel for hosting. While both are quite good.
But there is some drawback to these Control Panels.
For Instance Cpanel only support Exim as the mail server ( The
advantage is that you can start or stop the exim mail services from
the web based Exim control Panel ) ..  Hence any other mail server
configured such as qmail and Atmail won't integrate with Cpanel.

Plesk provides a good GUI for managing sites. However it sometimes
does hang .. and then at times you will need to restart the Plesk
Services .. We used MailEnable along with Plesk

Hopes this gives you some idea**

regards,
Vinox

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Truong Duc Luong