Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Load test webbserver

From: "Ayaz Ahmed Khan" <ayaz () pakcon org>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 20:56:41 +0500

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Mattias Hemmingsson
<Mattias.hemmingsson () fareoffice com> wrote:
I want to load test my apache and glassfish servers.
To se how good they performance.

I thinking of load testing a page a built that makes som request to the
server.
And i want to test how many request a can make to that page witout the
server going slow.

I locket at httperf , autobenched and apache test tool and i dont like
them att all.
What kind of programs do you use when testing you sites ?

I know of two:
    - Apache JMeter [http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/]
    - ab [http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/programs/ab.html]

--
Ayaz Ahmed Khan

"I'm returning this note to you, instead of your paper, because it
(your paper) presently occupies the bottom of my bird cage."
                -- English Professor, Providence College