Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: SSH connection attempts in logs.

From: "Dan Denton" <ddenton () remitpro com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:04:44 -0500

Well, I wouldn't lean toward anything that tries to connect on port 22 as
noise. I would verify that the src IP address isn't some legitimate attempt
to connect by an application that is simply misconfigured. If it's not
legit, block it. In that case it's most likely an attack, or it could be a
port scanner. Just my two cents.