Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Remote Access VPN: SDI vs RADIUS for RSA Two Factor Authentication

From: "Anthony H" <ez4me2c3d () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:30:47 -0500

Ok, I'll take that.  Thank you.

On 9/14/07, Nick Owen <nickowen () mindspring com> wrote:
none wrote:
List,

If I want to implement RSA Two Factor Authentication for Remote Access
VPN Users to a Cisco ASA 5510, which protocol should I choose and why?

Anthony

Radius, because it's an open standard. And you can more easily switch
token providers if you want to. You might want to put a radius server in
between your Cisco and the OTP and check AD membership before validating
the one-time passcode as well.

hth,

nick

--