Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Slow down blind SQL injection

From: "iOla Shulman" <truerandom () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 09:11:08 +0000

Hi,

I believe this solution is a bit problematic.
Cosider a scenario of a user not remembering the right username or password, and retyping several times or a user that is not familiar with a keyboard and inserting typos unintentionally. Your suggestion is to mistakenly interpret such user as an attacker performing SQL Injection queries?

In addition an attacker that is determined to hack your site will tolerate the "slow down" however the user will not tolerate those.

I do not see how much you can profit out of this solution and if you happen to think of a different alternative please update (sounds like a good research idea).

Best Regards,
S.H.