Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Finding out IP address of external interface of web proxy

From: "Captain Bock" <newsletters () mar7ins net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:12:17 +0000

ItÅ› too easy.

Many websites show your public IP, some even show your LAN IP, if the
proxy doesn't hide it.

Try www.dnsstuff.com

Just below the banner and menu options, the site shows your IP
address, ISP name and country.

All the best

Captain Bock

On 10/31/07, Dev Null <devj.nullj () gmail com> wrote:
Hello All

How do I find out the IP address of the external interface of my web proxy?

To explain a bit further: A user browses web sitting in a LAN through
the web proxy that allows HTTP. The web proxy is connected to the LAN
using one interface and it is connected to the outer network using
another interface. Can the user find out the IP address of the outer
interface? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

devj