Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: DMZ - Question

From: p1g <killfactory () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 10:34:13 -0400

Can't a pix be licensed and support multiple DMZs?

I understand what you are trying to do with 2 FWs, but Dan is right. IMO.

Take a look at the new ASAs. I'll bet you will be more likely to be
approved for redundant Cisco ASAs with all the new security features
built in, before 1 PIX + maint. and 1 VendorX + main. + training +
added complexity.

An ASA is PIX under the hood.

Everyone needs are different though. Good luck.