Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: PHP/MySQL image gallery penetration testing

From: Cory Swanson <cory () spydertechsolutions com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:44:21 -0600

Simon,

May I ask why one would be concerned with being able to download all 4
images from the site at once? You said that they rotate every day so
couldn't they just wait a day at a time and Right-Click / Save-As ? Do
these images contain important information which someone would want to
have right away?

I'm sorry but I just can't see why this would be a vulnerability unless
you were running an image hosting site like imagevenue.com or something
and didn't want people leeching entire galleries at once and eating
bandwidth.

Perhaps you can provide more information.

Cory