Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Managed switches outside firewalls?

From: "Nhon Yeung" <Nhon.Yeung () cranegroup com au>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 10:14:43 +1000

You can always put the management connection on a different vlan to that of the "outside" and connect this to an
"inside" network with ACL's, fw, etc. "Outside" ips would not be able to route to this.
If you just need to remotely access the device you can always use a terminal server at the back of the serial
connection (i'm assuming that it's got a serial console) that way it's not even connected via ip from the "outside".