Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: security tools boot disk

From: "nate kelly" <nate.kelly.linux () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 15:04:28 -0400

Here is a good article on creating your own bootable Linux image:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7233

if you are looking for a live distro that has many security, auditing
and forensics applications preloaded, I would recommend Backtrack
Linux (www.remote-exploit.org) even though you may not need all of the
included tool, I believe this would suit your needs in creating an
image since all the software is already configured. It might also be
worth your while to investigate Pentoo linux which it a more
lightweight distro geared towards pen testing. There are also many
other distributions that have software pre-configured for pen-testing
or auditing.

         -Nate