Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ACL design.

From: WALI <hkhasgiwale () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 22:00:11 +0400

Off the subject a bit but I thought, I should ask this question since it's been lingering on my mind for some time now. Maybe guys around here can answer in detail.

I have a remote site getting connected to my server farm. It's our branch office. I have a router in the middle with no fire wall and the addresses on both sides of the interface are private, say 10.10.10.0/24 on my side and 10.20.20.0/24 on the other.

The only thing the branch users access on this side of the router is AD authentication, Exchange (SMTP) and some file shares. What should be my minimal extended ACL? Currently, it' all through and through and I feel that's highly insecure.

Any advise??