Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: FSE

From: gjgowey () tmo blackberry net
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:15:59 +0000

I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but IBM laptop hdd's have a password that can be set on them that
requires it to be entered on boot.  This differs from a bios password in that it is on the hdd and can not be bypassed
by insertion in to another system or by a bios password reset.

Geoff

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.