Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Automatic Password Reset

From: "Ali, Saqib" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 10:10:31 -0700

Mohamed

You would have to perform the following steps:

1) Create a new application pool on the IIS Server
2) Assign a account that has privileges to change user's password to
that application.
3) Create a new virtual website on the IIS
4) Assign the newly create application pool to the virtual website.
5) And the place you ASPX script that includes the code for the
challenge/response and the  code to change the password in the virtual
website.

The task will take about 20 hours if you are new IIS and ASPX

saqib
http://www.full-disk-encryption.net