Security Basics mailing list archives

Restricting Open Proxies

From: shailesh.rangari () gmail com
Date: 19 Jun 2007 11:45:54 -0000

Hi List,

We are in the process of strengthening our Information Security Policy. As part of this initiative we want to restrict
access to Open Proxies from the Corporate Network.

We are currently providing Internet Access through Symantec Web Security which also acts as a Proxy Server.

The access to Open Proxies that keep floating in the wild is bothering us because it might ultimately lead to
Information Leakage. Has any one of you faced the same issue? What are the best practices for the same?

Any ideas or suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks
Shailesh.