Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Script

From: "Uber Wannabe" <nucleargeekdown () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:07:33 -0500

A script like this would be relatively simple to write, as long as you know
what services you want to disable.  In fact, you don't even need a script...
only a batch file and Administrator rights on the system.  The "sc" command
could be used in the batch file to stop and disable the service, as follows:

Stop the service:
sc stop tlntsvr

Disable the service:
sc config tlntsvr start= disabled

That example would stop and disable the "Telnet" service.  Or, if you feel
more comfortable with VBScript, you could use that to run shell commands and
pass the list of services in as an array or text file (I'm sure you can do
this in batch scripting, but I don't remember how ATM), then loop through to
stop and disable all of them.  As usual, Google is your friend.

-- N/A