Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Re: Vulnerability Assessment

From: "Gibbs, Jason" <Jason.Gibbs () paradigmhealth com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:00:23 -0400

Personally, for scanning purposes I love the ISS internet scanner. The
reports are not that great, setting up a scan takes some time and it is
pricey.  I have yet to use a VA scanner as good as the ISS product and I
have tried out many of them.
I too had questioned my network topology being stored offsite. I spoke
with some techs at Qualys and got in to detail about how the data is
stored. It is also one of the most used VA products so I based my
opinion on those details. There comes a time when I just give in to my
own paranoia :)