Security Basics mailing list archives

IPSonar

From: jack603_ny () yahoo com
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:49:23 +0000

We are currently doing some testing with the IPSonar products, and in my opinion they leave a lot to be desired in
terms of what is reported, and also the degree to which you can tweak the scanning engine.  The big brass are sold and
borderline obsessed with the "leak detection" capabilities.  Just curious if anyone has any experience with it, and
what your opinions are on the product.  Also, what would you all recommend using over IPSonar for the leak detection
feature. The same thing can be accomplished with hping2, but management buy-in is damn near impossible unless there is
a pretty web-based interface.  Feedback would be most appreciated.  Thanks.

                                                     Jack