Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: DNS poisoning or ??

From: "Devin Rambo" <drambo () vediorps com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:03:24 -0500

Bill,

If you Google for "mail.greenborder.com" you'll find a listing of some
message forum posts by you in which the message ID appears to be coming from
mail.greenborder.com. Here's one example:

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/fulldisclosure/2006-06/0157.html

You'll want to take a look at your mail logs and see if your server is
introducing itself to others as the nonexistent name. If so, and that
information is getting cached on remote DNS and/or email servers which your
server is communicating with, therein may lie the problem. HTH.

Devin