Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Notebook policy (need advice)

From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 06:25:18 +0530

Hi,

The classic information security answer would be that it all depends on the risk
level of the information on the notebooks. At my employer, we have full disk
encryption and me issue employs with laptop locks. Also, there are very strict
rules about not leaving your laptop unattended.

It would be wise not to have laptop users run as system administrators. Of
course, it will all depend on what the users are doing.
Pranav