Security Basics mailing list archives

java automatic update

From: ottobeli82 () yahoo com br
Date: 12 Jan 2007 19:16:36 -0000

Hi,

my company uses the Host on Demand (HOD) from IBM. The HOD version we are using requires the java runtime environment
1.4.2, and doesn´t work with JRE 1.5 or later.

We would like to keep all the JRE VM up to date in all the clients computers, using the last 1.4.2 release (13 at this
moment). But the java automatic update always tries to install the last version available (1.5 or later), and we must
keep the 1.4.2 version.

Anyone here knows a way to force java to update only the release of the JRE version we are using (e.g. update from
1.4.2_12 to 1.4.2_13), instead of update to JRE 1.5 or later versions?

Thanks for any help.