Security Basics mailing list archives

Daylight Saving Issue - Scanner

From: "John Smithson" <why1234 () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 13:57:28 -0800

Gurus,

I was wondering if there is any scanner / audit tool out there that can scan various devices / OS for the Daylight Saving Issue that many folk in US is about to face?

I would not mind scanner per OS (Windows, UNIX, Linux) or scanner per most common application (DBs) or scanner per type of most common devices (router, firewall appliance, IPS etc). I'm fully aware that I'll have to work with every single one individually. However, I'm hoping that mother of all scanner type software exist which will scan my network and inform me each and every device that is susceptible for the Daylight Saving issue. …. may be this is just a wishful thinking...

Also this tool would assist in validating any patch applied to ensure vulnerability is eradicated.

Thanks,

From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the
Academy Awards® http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline1