Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: images for computer forensics?

From: Pablo Sanz Mercado <pablo.sanz () uam es>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:03:14 +0100

El Lunes, 26 de Febrero de 2007 17:30, Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers escribió:
Hi list, was wondering if anyone knows of any online resources I can
visit that has got real life case studies of cybercrime and actually
has got the disk image of the server that was hacked? or even a disk
image of a system that was used to compromise a server? Went over to
honeynet.org and they do have an image of a purposely hacked redhat
6.2 but I will prefer a resource that will have actual disk images
from a crime scene.

        Try

http://www.seguridad.unam.mx/eventos/reto/

        Each year UNAM university (Mexico) and CSIC (Spain) celebrate an event in
forensics analisys.

        You can find in this page a "windows exercise", the images and the winners
reviews. Also you can find the "old links" to the previous events where you
can find linux forensics exercises.

--
Pablo Sanz Mercado
Centro de Computación Científica