Security Basics mailing list archives

Remote Access Problem

From: avi shvartz <yram () netvision net il>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:00:41 +0200

Hello list,

 We have a sub-contractor that develops software in his own lab, not in our
campus.
 However, the computers in his lab are controlled by us, connected to our
Active Directory, and
   the developers are logging using smart card windows authentication.

The security people raised a concern that a developer can copy the disk
image and log on
  using his smart card from a different computer, outside the lab.

Is there a way to overcome this issue ? example: tight the system to some
physical attribute of the compute ?

We do take care of regular application level backup so we are willing to
"pay the price" and reinstall the
   operating system etc. in case that the hardware will fail.

Regards,
Avi