Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: FW: Changing the domain admin password.

From: "Russell Barnes" <rbarnes () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 10:49:47 -0600

You may want to check the logon as accounts for each of your services
(services.msc) that are running on your servers.

Also, I would recommend changing the way you use your domain admin
account and move to using service user accounts for specific
processes. This would make it easier and less painful than trying to
figure out all the systems an individual account is used for but will
give you more accounts to have to manage so take your pick. Also
recommend good documentation. Here is a Microsoft paper on using
service user accounts:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/guidance/serversecurity/serviceaccount/default.mspx.