Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Yes, trying to hack a remote control

From: gjgowey () tmo blackberry net
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 00:09:40 +0000

One note about my embedded experience: the firmware file that was uploaded was a single .bin file.  It wasn't something
that you could just tear apart with a debugger if you obtained.  It wasn't a zip file or anything "normal".  The
firmware (when it was running) was what emulated the filesystem like interface that you were presented with in the ftp
server.

Geoff
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.