Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: RDP sniffing

From: krymson () gmail com
Date: 31 Dec 2007 13:58:21 -0000

Maybe I don't swim in the deep part of the ocean, but I'm curious what part of this paper is relevant to RDP sniffing.

Do you worry about attackers leveraging the WRNG and thus decrypting any traffic generated by Windows? I suppose if you
have especially high security concerns (national security, e.g.) you could/should say yes...but for most of us, I think
this falls under an exotic form of attack that is not a large issue.

Feel free to add more, as I'd totally be open to listening why my assumptions are wrong. :)

<- snip ->
Okay people, go a little deeper: http://eprint.iacr.org/2007/419.pdf