Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How to filter .htaccess uploading?

From: "Colin Bean" <ccbean () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:43:05 -0700

Hi Monty,

Are you referring to a file upload from a form on your website?
Don't know if you have control over the Apache config, but it's
probably a good idea to set
AllowOverride None
in whatever directory you're sending the uploaded files to (it's
probably a good idea to set this everywhere you don't need an
.htaccess, actually).  Hopefully the script that's receiving your
uploads does some filtering, too...

-Colin