Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability scanner/appliance

From: "Derek Nash" <ddnash () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 07:30:37 -0500

There is no such thing as PCI Approved. Any vulnerability scanner will
do to get the auditors check mark. However the diligent security
professional should be looking for a solution that address the entire
vulnerability management lifecycle. Love those buzz words, but its
true. You need something that identifies, prioritizes, escalates, and
finally closes the vulnerabilities throughout the remediation process.