Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: NAC solutions?

From: "Chinnery, Paul" <PaulC () mmcwm com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:06:54 -0400

We are in the process of setting up a NAC from AEP.  We're a small, rural hospital but we do have auditors (clinical
and non-clinical) who come on site and bring their own laptops.  Due to HIPAA regulations (and just plain common sense)
we decided to protect certain ports (such as conference rooms, classrooms).

The device has been configured and we are now in the testing stage.  My first impression is that setting up a NAC is
going to be as painful as setting up an IDS; lots of fine-tuning until you get it down to where you want it.

Paul Chinnery
Network Administrator
Memorial Medical Center