Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Comparing Open Source Firewalls

From: "Habs Fan" <habsfan645 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:53:59 -0400

That's everybody for your input and suggestions. I think I'm going to
give monowall a try. Some asked to provide more info. This is to
replace a consumer grade router for a small office environment. I have
an old PC laying around so I was wondering which open source firewall
to use. The PC is a 400Mhz with 256 mb ram and 6 gig HD. Actually, I'm
torn between monowall and endian firewall. I think endian can do proxy
filtering and other scanning.

Thanks again, please keep the comments coming.