Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: SSL Certificate: Any Recommendations on Specific Vendors

From: MaddHatter <maddhatt+securitybasics () cat pdx edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 19:05:05 -0700

Iwekani Mukoma <iwekani.mukoma () gmail com> said (on 2007/08/06):

Any Recommendations on Specific Vendors?

SSL certs are basically a commodity item (in my view anyway), and GoDaddy
has the cheapest that I've seen recently -- $20 per cert per year for the
"traditional" SSL cert. The new green-address-bar "extended validation"
crap is $500/yr through GoDaddy, which is still considerably cheaper than
I've seen it elsewhere. I'm hardly a fan of GoDaddy, but it's hard to
argue with their prices.