Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Protocol analyzer reports

From: "Paul Halliday" <paul.halliday () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:36:39 -0300

If time is important you might want to look into NetFlow.

There are numerous ways to freely generate flows on most platforms
(fprobe) or simply collect them from your routers. You can then
process them for free with something like flow-tools. Finally, for
nifty presentation, you can use FlowViewer:
http://ensight.eos.nasa.gov/FlowViewer/