Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Extranet SSO Security

From: "Yousef Syed" <yousef.syed () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 22:51:41 +0200

You could just use the AD/LDAP to Authenticate the users and then use
the individual apps to authorise the users access separately.
This is an easy win to start with. as you say, you already have and
AD/LDAP with most of the users in it.
You can buy other tools to help you with this - Oracle Access Manager
is the one that I know about, but I'm sure there are others out there.

After you've completed the above, you can go all the way and use a
full-blown IDM solution to provision the users while maintaining all
the roles and policies and groups inside the IDM - very big, time
consuming and expensive project...
Personally, I wouldn't recommend going for the IDM unless you were
doing a very large corporate wide project. Just to manage a few web
apps, it would be serious overkill.

Hope that helps,
ys