Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hex editor

From: Daniel Coulbourne <ichthuz () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:38:10 +0900

dallas jordan wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to start trying to do some reverse engineering of
malware, just for learning purposes and I'd like to get some opinions
on a good hex editor.  Preferably freeware and beginner friendly, if
there is such.  I have looked at a couple, but wasn't sure if one was
much better than another.  I wanted to get some more experienced
user's thoughts.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks.

I'd Suggest Hex workshop (you are on windows right?) I'd also suggest for reverse engineering that you get your hands on win32dasm and ollydbg and learn how to use them. they rock. (soft ice too)