Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Shell Programming

From: "Paul Halliday" <paul.halliday () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:06:46 -0300

"Learning the bash Shell" by Cameron Newham & Bill Rosenblatt would be
a good introductory book. It is a light read and has decent practical
examples.

On 4/13/07, Richard Brinson <richard () kanoo-uk com> wrote:
I am due to take the Certified Ethical Hacker bootcamp in about 1 month, but
before I do so I wanted to brush up on some of my weaker skills. I don't
have a programming background (but do have some basic programming knowledge)
and I want to learn shell scripting/programming in the quickest possible
time. Can anyone recommend some decent books or tutorials to help me achieve
this?

Many thanks!

Richard